Hi, my name is Nikita, I am a low-level Rust engineer.
Stuff I worked on before
- New Query Engine of MongoDB. I worked on a compiler to lower queries into internal bytecode as well as a virtual machine to execute this bytecode. Had a lot of fun with performance optimization and correctness.
- Query Profiler of ClickHouse. Implemented low-overhead, always-running sampling profiler, showing which lines of code were slow for a particular query. This feature is turned on by default on all ClickHouse deployments (cloud and on-premise).
- JSON Querying and Binary Storage in YDB. Added functionality to query JSON documents from SQL. I have also invented a custom binary format to store JSON documents to optimize read performance.
And some other closed-source stuff as well. This was all in C++, but then I decided to switch to Rust.
Things I do now
- I work in an NDA High-Frequency Trading company. Here, I am one of the developers of the main Rust server responsible for all trading operations.
- Open-source Rust, see my Github.
- Occasional microcontroller shenanigans and other stuff.